Experience personal fulfilment and satisfaction through volunteering
Volunteering benefits our local community – and also you personally!
The Australian Unity Wellbeing Index say that volunteers are the most satisfied Australians. The National & Community Service says that those who volunteer are less likely to suffer from ill health later in life. When you volunteer, you can give a boost to a cause you believe in; put a lifetime of skills and experience to good use; give back to society and enhance your health and wellbeing. Who knew that volunteering could do all of this?
Volunteering has so many benefits …
- Keep your mind and body active and healthy
- Put free time to good use
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Face new experiences
- Take on new challenges
- Feel good and build self-esteem
- Fulfil the need to be needed
- Take pride in sharing your knowledge and abilities
- Raise awareness and support important community issues
- Get a new perspective on your own problems
- Experience different cultures
- Develop professional networks, explore career and job opportunities
- Get relevant training or develop skills
- Have fun!